* Are you looking to fill the time of retirement?
* Do you want to become involved in your community?
* Are you looking for new lifelong friendships, challenges and rewards?
* Have you ever seen a fire engine - and wondered what was happening?
* Have you ever witnessed a motor vehicle accident - and wished you could help?
* Have you been there when someone was in danger and wanted to assist?
* Because you have always wanted to do it and we have a position for you!
The Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department has been protecting the residents of the City of Greensburg for over 125 years. Whether it's a fire, vehicle accident, flood, or natural disaster the GVFD family has responded and has always been there to help. Your friends, neighbors, and family members have been answering "THE CALL" for generations. We need you to continue our proud tradition of public service. No matter your occupation, gender, race, or age, we have a need for people who are willing to become active members of our community! No experience is necessary, we will provide you with all of the training that you need. You may also be interested in one of our many specialized rescue teams: Bloodhound Tracking Team, Dive Team, Swift Water Rescue Team, and Trench Rescue Team, just to name a few. A few of the benefits of joining the GVFD are: free access to the Aerobic Center, yearly health screenings, a life insurance benefit and 2 years of free tuition to WCCC. With 6 stations in the city, we have a location near you!
The Greensburg Fire Department has two types of memberships
Regular (over 18 years of age)
420 / Junior (between 12 - 17 years of age):
- Age 18 or older
- Membership has it's Privileges
By joining our great organization you will learn the true meaning of being a "team player". Some of the benefits of joining the GVFD are: free access to the Aerobic Center, yearly health screenings, a life insurance benefit and 2 years of free tuition to WCCC. With 6 stations in the city, we have a location near you! Join the GVFD TODAY!
* Acquire a skill set that may lead to a great new career.
* Learn management skills that will help you become a leader.
* Become an EMT and start a career in emergency medical services.
* Earn the respect of the members of our community.
* Make friends that will last a lifetime!
Membership in the GVFD will provide you with the unique opportunity to join one of our specialized rescue teams. Our specialized rescue teams have been requested throughout Pennsylvania, and even the nation, to assist with technical search and rescue.
* Bloodhound Tracking Team
* Dive Team
* Swift Water Rescue Team
* Trench Rescue Team
420 / Junior Membership
- Age 12-17 must have working papers and be in good standings with his/her schoolwork.
- No training is required
- Complete application and background check
- Completion of basic training after membership is approved
- Attendance at meetings, trainings, fund raising and special events per Company
If you have questions or would like more information contact:
Rob Giles - (724) 244 - 6860 Rick Steele - (724) 454 - 9519 Jeff Henry - (724) 640 - 0872
©2018 Greensburg Volunteer Fire Department